KEY FACTS ABOUT WHAT MAY BE YOUR NEW ROOM/FLAT:
- comes unfurnished
- west facing window, quiet side street
- with Anmeldung (registration possible)
- room for a woman or non-binary person
- 15 m² room , spacious, beautiful wood decor floor
- availabe from 1st October; mid-September may be possible but not earlier
- the flat has 2 bedrooms (this one & my own)
- second floor flat so lots of light coming in but not too hot in summer
- comfy spacious kitchen, beautifully renovated bathroom, well-proportioned corridor
Great location in the quiet, leafy part of Neukölln. The house is in a small side street where the birds sing. We have a beautiful green backyard with ping pong table. You are two minutes away from the canal which is great for jogging, and 5-10 minutes by foot from many lovely cafes, bars and restaurants. Lots of supermarkets around. The nearest bus stop is 3 minutes away, and by foot around 12 minutes to the Ringbahn (S Sonnenallee).
ABOUT YOUR POTENTIAL FLATMATE (ME:)
I am Miri and have been living in Berlin for the last 5 years. Things I enjoy are reading, running, swing dance, travelling and language learning, plus I love cooking and baking mainly healthy (always tasty & vegan) dishes. I care deeply about topics like the environment, feminism, critical whiteness, intersectionality and LGBTQIA+ rights.
THIS FLAT IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- are looking for a long-term flat (at least a year, ideally longer)
- would like to share a + contribute to a beautiful, clean and calm space
- would like to have a flat where we can hang out but also have our own space
- are an early bird and a tidy person - similar lifestyle = more enjoyable for everyone
- communicate clearly and respectfully
- care about topics like feminism, critical whiteness, intersectionality, LGBTQIA+ rights and the environment
- would like to live in a vegan flat - 100% plant-based kitchen i.e. no dairy, cheese, meat, eggs, honey etc.
(I respect everyone's choices as long as they don't hurt others. The animals used for animal products unfortunately do not get a choice, even though it is hidden from our eyes they are exploited & killed at the end. I didn't always see that & didn't question why I am loving cats but eating chicken, until I learned of carnism - if you haven't heard of this, you can read an explanation here: https://www.carnism.org/ )
I don't know how I am supposed to make exceptions, e.g. for eggs, cheese or joghurt, when it would mean ignoring my own wishes & needs - this is non-negotiable. If you want to eat animal products at home, this flat doesn't fit as it is not possible here! All the best for your search <3
- You can write to me in German, English or French (I am working on my Spanish & Italian)
- As Corona protection, we'd have the first conversation via phone - more on the process when we talk
- My current flatmate is sadly moving to Potsdam in October, so I am looking for a wonderful new flatmate
- My current flatmate & I share a local organic veggiebox (10€/person per week) - I'd like to share with new one too
- You will need a liability insurance (~80€/year), if you don't have one I can tell you which one provides sufficient coverage & you would get that before moving in
BEFORE YOU GO
- please put "Harriet's Nest" as the first two words of your message, so I know you read the whole advert :)
- messages that do not contain "Harriet's Nest" as the initial greeting will be deleted unread
Write me an email with a couple of sentences about yourself and why we could fit as flatmates.
I am excited to hear from you!