Hallo and welcome!
The room is a spacious square with over 26m2 area and high ceilings. It has two tall windows facing north.
The room is furnished with:
• Wooden bed and its mattress (140x200cm)
• Sofa (3 seater)
• Large wooden closet (Has 3 doors and a key to lock them, one door with 4 shelves, the other 2 have a top shelf and space for a lot of hangers. The bottom of the closet has two shoe drawers.)
• Wooden desk (around 130cm wide and 75cm deep, can adjust the height between 70 and 100cm continuously)
• 1 desk lamp
• 1 desk chair
• 2 large shelves (13 racks total)
• 2 tall mirrors
• 2 square 55cm side tables
• 1 5-tray office drawers
• 1 low shelf for shoes
• 1 tall self-standing fan (you'll like it next summer)
• 1 tall, warm-coloured, living room floor lamp
• 1 floor lamp with two intensity settings
You must pay a non-negotiable fee of 250€ to get the ownership of all the furnitures listed above.
Extremely centrally located in the middle of Bahnhofstraße in the north of Weststadt.
• In 5 minutes or less by foot: Bismarkplatz, many supermarkt (Denn's, Edeka, Penny, Aldi, Rewe, Alnatura), Das Carré for shopping, Stadtbücherei and Römerkreiss for buses and tram, all the Weststadt restaurants.
• 10 minutes by foot to: Hauptbahnhof or Weststadt/Südstadt stations for trains/s-bahn, the Bergheim Campus, Kaufland, the start of the trail to the mountain.
• 15 minutes by foot to: Universitätplatz, Neckarwiese, most of Hauptraße and Untere Straße and their shops, restaurants, bars, etc..
• If you have a bike, we have a large and locked storage space for it in the Keller or just lock it in front of the house.
The common areas are the kitchen (with washing machine and all the cooking equipment you should need), the two bathrooms (one with bath, one without) and the hallway. We share 3 fridges between us 4 so we have space for our food. Also, there is space for dry goods in the kitchen where we all have a basket. We have clothes hanger racks for everybody to use, an ironing board and a vacuum cleaner.
We share and split the bill for common items such as toilet paper, olive oil, salt and paper, cleaning materials. We clean the common areas every second week. We want a flat where everyone can enjoy his stay, that means that we clean after ourselves in the kitchen and bathroom as soon as we are done.
We are easy going, professionally minded people. We respect each other privacy and needs, yet, it is important to us to have a social WG - cooking and eating together once in a while, going out together on the weekends and so on. We are looking for someone between 24 and 32yo who has the same expectation. We all speak English and some German.
Your roomates will be:
• Damir, 27yo, science PhD student.
• Emil, 26yo, software product manager.
• Guy, 26yo, learning german while working as a barman.
Come visit us to learn more!
• The rent is 455€ monthly. This includes heating, warm water, internet.
• There is also a 4.30€ monthly tax for the public television (Rundfunkbeitrag), we pay it separately.
• The room is available any day between the 20th of October and November 1st. To move in October, you will have to pay the part of the month.
Please send a nice write up about yourself, it can be in English or German (whatever you are most comfortable writing in). Tell us your age, interests, hobbies, career, where you're from, what you plan on doing in Heidelberg and anything else you think is worth sharing. We are eager to meet you so that you learn more about us, and us about you!
Thank you for your interest,
Your future WG.